If CTP is a compulsory measure, then CASCO is a voluntary type of insurance that protects you in any case, even if you are the cause of the accident.
The CASCO covers not only damage caused to the vehicle during an accident, but also as a result of:
- actions of third parties (like damages made by the key or other sharp objects);
- natural disasters (though not a tsunami, but heavy snow and ice can cause troubles);
- theft of a vehicle or its parts (for example, wheels or disks).
As part of CASCO, you can also insure the lives of passengers and your own.
Depending on the type of chosen contract, the policy covers either the territory of the country of residence (in our case, Moldova), or countries of the CIS, Europe, etc. are also attached. The second method is particularly suitable for those who often travel abroad.As a rule, additional functions are attached to the CASCO policy, for example:
- car evacuation in case of an accident;
- 24-hour technical support;
- «temporary» car while your vehicle is under repair.
CASCO has many features and functions, on which the price of the policy directly depends. How? We will tell this in the next post. Follow our news.